Real Estate Quickie: 5 Steps to List Your Home NOW!
February 24, 2016
It’s almost spring and the market seems to be beckoning for new listings. Now is the time to get your homes prepped and on the market! If you are a Realtor I hope that you find this a valuable list to share with your clients and if you are a homeowner I hope this motivates you to start preparing your home for sale NOW.
- Call Your Realtor - Discuss the current market and get an evaluation of your home’s value.
- Declutter & Depersonalize - Remove any personal items that others would not find appealing. Remove anything that causes clutter and makes a room look small, disorderly or undesirable.
- Refresh & Repair - Assess your home inside and out. Grab your iPad and walk around your home and make a list of items that need repair or are outdated. To assist you in making this list check-out Iconic Real’s general repair list for exteriors and interior room by room checklist. Review your list. Are the repairs something you can do or will you need a contractor? If you need a contractor then either contact your Realtor for a list of their preferred vendors or look for a contractor on HomeAdvisor.com. When considering parts of the home that are outdated you will need to determine if updating them will provide a return on your investment. To assist you with this decision check-out Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report.
- Sanitize & Stage - Make your home feel and smell as new as when you first purchased or built it. Then stage it to attract potential qualified buyers.
- List - Once you feel your home is ready to be showcased contact your Realtor so they can set up an appointment to have your home photographed and discuss a marketing and sales strategy.