Real Estate Quickie: Making the Most of Holiday Downtime!
November, 10 2015
By Kelly Wurth
As Homebuyers and sellers turn there focus to turkey and stuffing or Christmas trees and eggnog, you may find yourself with a little extra time on your hands. If this is the case then use that time wisely and ensure your ready to hit the ground running in 2016 with the following marketing tips.
1. Develop a custom website for your Real Estate business that projects your brand and is focused on attracting the kind of homebuyers and sellers in your chosen niche market. Checkout "30 Beautiful Real Estate Websites" to spark your creativity.
2. Create a video biography showcasing your personality and expertise as an agent. The popularity of video is only going to increase as we head into 2016. Not only with YouTube’s debut of YouTube Red and Periscope, but even Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram have joined in on the fun. Facebook released a new profile video option and the ability to post GIF links on Facebook Business pages, Pinterest unveiled its first Video-Like Ad and Instagram introduced Boomerang.
3. Remember all visual content marketing is king including images and infographics, not just video. Ensure that all your social media posts contain visual content that is appealing and informative. For details checkout HubSpot’sVisual Content Marketing stats. To add more oomph to your posts try Canva or Piktochart to develop graphics.
4. Going mobile will continue to be key. As the world gets busier and busier and mobile technology continues to be enhanced faster than most of us can keep up with, ensuring that your website and marketing can be visualized on mobile devices will be important. With Googles change this year rolling out its “Mobile Friendly” update made mobile optimization a key factor in ranking websites. So, whether its searching for homes on your website, reading your blog, or simply making it easy to contact and communicate with you in real-time, you and your brand need to be mobile at all times. For more stats checkout Social Media Examiner’s #2 Social Media Marketing Trends Gaining Traction.
5. In 2016, relationship marketing and personalization will continue to grow in importance. Utilize technology to help build long-term relationships that evolve into business sustaining referrals. Here are some ideas on this topic.
As homeowner's work towards ringing in the New Year ensure that you are prepared for what the New Year has in store for you...new clients and new technology!